As a dentist in North York at Summit Heights Dental, we refuse to compromise on the level of quality care we offer. Part of that commitment is the use of dental technologies because they provide many advantages for you – our valued patient.
In this blog … I’ll talk about the technology that helps us better determine the state of your oral health while offering you a better experience in the dental chair. You may be surprised to learn how beneficial this equipment really is.
Digital x-rays allow your dentist in North York to get a clear picture of the inside of your teeth and gums, so that diagnosis is more accurate and treatment specific to your unique situation. In addition, there’s…
- up to 90% less radiation than with traditional x-rays
- less time in the dental chair because they are faster and more efficient
- no exposure to film chemicals – safer for you, our team, and the environment
- faster insurance processing because claims are illustrated, and electronic communication is instantaneous.
Panoramic x-rays make it possible to get a full view of your entire mouth – with just one image. This includes both the upper and lower jaws, jaw joints, all your teeth, and even your nasal region. Other advantages of this technology at Summit Heights Dental include …
- a very detailed image that can show us bone abnormalities, cysts, fractures, impacted teeth, infections, and tumors
- it aids in accurate fit and placement of restorations, especially implants and dentures
- because the images are taken outside of your mouth, it means a fast, painless experience for you.
3D Digital Imaging allows you to have scans done conveniently in-office! In less than one minute, we can generate a 3-D virtual model of your anatomy in astonishing detail from virtually any angle. Another plus is that this requires only one scan! Whether we are evaluating your jaw function, bone health, tooth structure, or the health of soft tissues, with this technology we can provide precise treatment plans with reliable and predictable results.
Icon® is a treatment for tooth decay that helps us keep your family’s dental appointments less stressful. Instead of drilling out the decay and filling the cavity, we apply the Icon liquid, which fills the decayed area, stopping decay in its tracks ... without drilling away healthy tooth structure. A great added benefit? It can also help erase white spots that sometimes appear after orthodontics treatment!
We are committed to making your experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Technology is a big part of that – and we make good use of it. Contact our Fairview or Bathurst office today! We welcome new patients, and our friendly team will be happy to talk to you.