COVID-19: Keeping Our Patients, Team, And Community Safe
At Summit Heights Dental, our first and foremost goal is to help you and your family achieve optimal oral and overall health.
For everyone these days, staying healthy is a top priority – and for many, a visit to the dentist may be far from mind. Let us assure you of two things: dentistry is an essential health service, and the dentist’s office is one of the safest places for you to visit – after all, we are designed to prevent the spread of infectious disease and we have always followed the strict mandates. A dental practice has become one of the most-sterile atmospheres you can be in next to a hospital operating room. Our staff have received extensive COVID-19 prevention training and we have proper protective equipment in place.
We want to reassure our patients that we are very prepared and confident as we have the strictest and most extensive sterilization protocols in place for your safety and comfort. To help you get the critical professional oral care you need and want, here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Our Focus Is On Your Safety.
Along with our already-stringent equipment and treatment room sterilization protocols, we are committed to:
- Pre-screening all patients for symptoms of illness via telephone & once again upon arrival (see below to review the questions we’ll be asking you).
- Rescheduling appointments for any patients showing symptoms or other risk factors.
- Providing alcohol-based hand gel throughout our practice in addition to soap, water, and single-use towels.
- Sterilizing all non-treatment areas including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms according to a strict routine and protocol – just like we’ve always done. Rest assured that door handles will be sanitized after each use.
In addition, we are also…
- Wearing full PPE, e.g. masks, face shields, gloves, gowns, and caps, and don’t worry ... you’ll still see our smiles in our eyes!
- Social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
- Encouraging all new patients to complete and submit your confidential intake form online before your visit.
- Answering any questions whatsoever about attending our practice. One of our team members will be happy to speak with you, clearly and honestly.
To ensure your most beautiful and healthy smile, it’s important that we continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. Whether you’re a current patient or new to us, please call us with your dental-related questions.
Stay safe and follow the government recommendations for mask-wearing, handwashing, and staying home as much as possible. We’ll get through this together. Call us if you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or to make sure you have a scheduled appointment.
Yours in good dental health,
Summit Heights Dental