Sometimes no matter what you do, how often you brush, how regularly you rinse, you just can’t seem to get that sparkle back into your smile. Teeth can darken, get stained, and discolor for several reasons. And the most common? Yellowing of aging due to thinning of white-colored enamel that shows the yellow-colored dentin underneath. You can also get tooth stains from drinking coffee, tea, or soda and eating high-pigment foods like dark berries. Even a blow to the mouth, old silver-colored fillings, and tetracycline treatment can leave your teeth dingy.
As your dentist in North York, we provide professional in-office teeth whitening so that you can smile with complete confidence again.
6 steps for in-office teeth whitening:
- Cleaning – Before in-office teeth whitening treatment begins, a professional dental cleaning will ensure that debris is fully removed prior to starting treatment.
- Determination of desired tooth shade – First we’ll discuss your whitening goals. We will document your pre-treatment teeth color and with the use of a shade guide (like an artist’s color wheel), together we’ll choose the optimal shade for your smile.
- Isolating your teeth & application of the whitening agent – We take precautions to ensure that the whitening gel is applied to your teeth only as it can irritate your gums, lips, cheeks, and tongue.
- Activation! – Once the gel has been applied, we’ll shine a “curing light” on it to activate the whitening process … and then we allow time for the transformation.
- Smile! – In-office whitening appointments are usually completed within 60 to 90 minutes. At the end of your treatment, the gel will be thoroughly washed off your teeth, and together, we’ll celebrate your transformation!
If you would like to brighten your smile, call (647) 370-1848 today to make an appointment. After a thorough oral examination, we’ll be able to make a diagnosis and design a whitening treatment that will get your smile the brightest it can be. Call Summit Heights Dental now at (647) 370-1848! We’d be happy to welcome you!